Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Romeo, Romeo...
The 1996 version of William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, puts a modern twist on an old classic. The setting is a modern day suburban neighborhood in Verona. The great thing about the movie is that the dialogue is still the original writings. I really liked this movie because even though it kept its original wording, just through the scenes I was able to better understand what Shakespeare was saying.
I thought Claire Danes and Leonardo DiCaprio were also a good choice for actors because of how young and inevitably good looking the two of them are. The movie while staying true to its original form, also dealt with many of today's more pressing issues, such as: pre-marital sex, gangs, and alcoholism. Although I wouldnt personally recommend the movie for anyone under 14 years, I did think it was very helpful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment